History of CSR:
- Afghan awareness of responsible business conduct is nascent.
- A comprehensive mining law passed in October 2014 requires mining contract holders to consult affected communities.
- The largest Telecom operator in Afghanistan, Roshan, was recognized for its social responsibility in 2015.
- They arecomposed of carbon
- They burn when heated to bright red
- Their weight is measured in carat – 1 carat = 0.2 gram
- Diamonds were first discovered in India by Alexander the Great in 327 BC; then discovered in Brazil and described as “curious pebbles in 1725
The United States are the largest consumer of gem-quality diamonds in the world, but interestingly enough has no commercial mine production; the Crater of Diamonds State park in Arkansas is the only produce where the United States produces gem-quality diamonds.… Read More
Odisha is one of the poorest states in India where half of the population operates below the national poverty line. In terms of Human Development Index, it ranks 22 among 29 Indian states (1).However, it is striking that it had recorded a stunning GDP growth of 8.74% (higher than India’s GDP 8.49%) in the period between 2004-2009.… Read More
As Forest Protection Laws became more stringent in India, the access of local inhabitants into forests became heavily restricted. I was in based in Dewas District of Madhya Pradesh (Central India) for a year in 2016 when I got in touch with Jhabral tribal community, a traditional bamboo weaving community.… Read More