Synthetic diamonds are chemically, physically and optically identical to earth-mined diamonds, but they are man-made with the use of advanced technology. There are two key methods for making synthetic diamonds, High-Pressure-High Temperature (HPHT) process and Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD).… Read More
History of CSR in Myanmar
- There is little understanding of the concept of CSR, indicating a need for training
- CSR is primarily thought of as philanthropy in Myanmar
- Buddhist influence morally encourages donations of money, goods and services
- Entrenchment of values encouraging willingness to share
- CSR is seen as a fashionable concept and is certainly seen as the right thing to do
Legal framework and Initiatives:
- Child Labour and Forced Labour
Child and forced labour are enormous issues in Myanmar.
Running for Resources Again?
As industrialization took off in Europe at the 19th Century, Imperialists rushed to Africa to ensure the natural resources necessary for powering the metropole. Violence and deep exploitation followed, completely impeding the development of the African countries.… Read More